DesignExecute™ is all about removing the gaps between architectural intent, engineering functionality and the finished product on site. This page includes what DesignExecute consists of, tells the story behind it, gives testimonials on it, and offers you the ability to sign up for a 20 minute demonstration.
DesignExecute™ is essentially a unique engineering design and construction delivery model which brings our clients tangible financial, commercial and design benefits. Benefits which traditional D+C models have struggled to achieve.
DesignExecute™ has been 3rd party certified to AS/NZS ISO9001-2008 and brings together the following disciplines and elements of project delivery under one team;
- Structural Engineering
- Industrial Design
- 3D Visualisation
- Cost Consultancy
- Project management
- Controlled Manufacture and Offsite Pre-assembly
- Site Management, Coordination and Installation
Whilst these elements as individual elements are not 'new' to the industry in themselves, the unique value is in the way in which our delivery process packages them together. (Click here to request a demo)
The delivery model ensures that total project cost control is maintained, whilst maximising design stability and increasing design fee efficiency.
Click here to see the type of projects that are delivered using the DesignExecute model.
Why we created it
We have been working with landscape architects, urban designers and community developers for well over 20 years now, and have been watching the industry and practice evolve. We have become an engineering consultancy firm knowledge-rich in the delivery of architecturally significant and structurally complex landscape structures.
Over the last couple of years we have realised that all too often there is a distinct gap between the:
- Architectural intent,
- Engineering functionality, and
- Finished product on site
The pain points
We started by speaking to thought leaders in the industry and heard about their specific pain points. Architects, designers and developers were experiencing the following in particular:
- The budgets they were working to at documentation stage, being unachievable at construction stage
- Their elegant refined landscape structure being turned into a heavy structural element by the engineer
- Their design vision just not being able to be built on site due to construction restraints unforeseen at design stage
- Wasted time and money from excess design iterations
- Shortage of actual ‘boots-on-the-ground’ construction knowledge within the project design team
- Frustration from dealing with multiple teams across the engineering, manufacturing and installation (ultimately leading to finger pointing when an issue arises)
- It was clear that a delivery model was needed which removed the gaps from concept to completion.
As a result of our research, we created a 6 step delivery model called DesignExecute®, which resolves the pain points by achieving the following 4 things:
- Consistently accurate cost forecasts from master-plan stage forward
- Assurance that your design aesthetic is structurally viable
- Make our clients design time quicker, more profitable and the outputs more reliable
- Provide our clients with 1 team that carries out all functions, from conceptual engineering, through to completion on site
We have put the model into practice already with a number of leading landscape architects, urban designers and community developers and already are making it easy for our clients to achieve outstanding results.
What clients say about it
“Fleetwood design from the inside out. Working with them as a design consultant and their model DesignExecute™, it’s a much more intuitive process. We get instant feedback on whether something is achievable, if it’s going to meet budget, and 3) if it doesn’t fit our cost plan, Fleetwood are fantastic at coming up with alternatives that fit our design intent. They know how we think, they know the product we want and they give us alternatives that we are happy with. We know that they understand the design intent from Day 1" Sacha Coles, Director, ASPECT Studios
"When we’re working in with complex structures, DesignExecute™ is a really great resource for us to be able to tap into because we get direct feedback from the guys who will be engineering and building the project. When we start beginning our work, we start modelling in 3D, we start testing ideas, we can get some immediate response in terms of helping the client establish a budget for the project, getting some efficiency in design and construction so that we can use less material and be really effective with the outcome. So for us, DesignExecute™ process at an early stage enables us to get better, more efficient outcomes that cost less but deliver great solutions for the client" Adrian McGregor, Managing Director, McGregor + Coxall
"Some of the common pitfalls that the DesignExecute™ model takes out I believe, are first and foremost quality assurance from design phase through to fabrication and construction. Quite often we’ve seen in the past that we’ve had a design vision that is not transferred through the entire process and I believe that the DesignExecute™ model has ensured that has happened. The DesignExecute™ model was critical for this project. We needed to ensure that the design tolerances for the sewer infrastructure were met and were a part of the complete package from design through to the fabrication methodology and ultimately to the deliver on site. In this instance, and the scale of the project, it was most certainly a requirement on this project." Matt York, Principle, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design, Spiire
Sign Up For a Demo
If you are experiencing a gap between what you want to build, and what actually gets delivered on site, the DesignExecute™ delivery model will positively impact your work and the value you offer to your clients.